Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tuesday Tips.




first i want to wish my dad a very happy birthday. Happy Birthday Dad! we will see you in two months! last year on my dad's birthday i was on my way to Albany, New York to the cancer center to meet with an oncologist who was going to "stage" my cancer. i was so nervous when i was filling out paper work that i had my sister finish it for me. my mom was there too, and so was jonathan. my dad came to Albany later and met us and we were probably all thinking what we weren't saying, which was, "is she going to die?" the news i got that day was that my cancer wasn't a death sentence, but at the same time it was going to be no walk in the park. basically i was getting prepped that day to pull out the big guns, step up, and fight to be on this earth, raise my babies, kiss my husband, go to lunch with my mom, shopping with my sister, and hug my dad. life that day changed as i knew it. i've never looked back. my life moves in one direction- forward. so with all that said, this birthday for my dad is probably quite significant in many ways. he's had another year with his baby. and of course, that blessing is really mine. love you dad!


the best thing i can do now is prevent cancer from ever coming near me again. so DIET. that is the food i eat. not some fad. it's my medicine, and you should be looking at your plate and asking the same thing of your food. but can you really ask greasy chicken wings to fight that cold for you? uh, no. didn't think so. 


one of the BEST things we can do for our bodies is drink WATER! we are fortunate enough to live in a country where we have access to clean water. but people will go all day without a glass. instead they are needing that fix at 7-11 and filling that big gulp with food coloring, sugar, poison. Yum! water though, brilliant. i drink 5, 32 ounces refillable bottles worth of water a day. yup, that's right. i drink a whole 160 ounces of water a day. and my tummy and skin thank me for it. so do some other things, but i won't get too personal. sure i pee a lot, but that's when i'm reminded that it's working. get those TOXINS OUT! i make sure my kids drink tons and tons and tons of water a day too. one of the best things we can do for our kids is make sure they are well hydrated. that means, put down the milk (mucus) and juices, and please tell me you don't but if you do, soda. and give your kids the good stuff. H20 baby!


alright, hopefully you've gone and gotten yourself a glass of water since i keep rambling on, you are probably thirsty by now. anyway, i am about to give you a grocery list, a no fail, your kids will eat this stuff, no dairy, no sugar, no artificial food coloring, and no meat grocery list. you can expect to pay $1- $2 more per item than you do already. to me, that is a small price to pay for some BIG results. have you ever heard, Food= Mood? well it does! Living foods will make you feel ALIVE! Rawwwwrrrrrr! so get some raw in ya, and go a little crazy. i did cartwheels around the yard the other night after dinner because i felt like flying. sure my kids think i'm nuts, but at least i'm around for them to judge me! Ha! 


okay, so some things i've brought home DO NOT work for kids. i've wasted time, money, and food by trying to do the right thing. but you don't have to! i am going to give you my favorite, kid approved, tummy approved list of products. this will work especially well if you walk into a health food store and don't know where to begin. begin with this list! 


Tree of Life- they make cookies and nut butters, and frozen veggies and i'm obsessed with their stuff. 


Apple and Eve Juice- When i'm feeling lazy or going to the park i'll throw these in a bag. they are the RIGHT portion size. kids should NOT have super big juice boxes. that's a no no.


Barleans- love it! i use their Flax Oil and Coconut Oil. It's good stuff.


Bragg- you gotta have it. go get their RAW Apple Cider Vinegar and pour some in a bath. sit back and get ready to marvel. i use their olive oil too. yum yum yum!


So Delicious- so obsessed!!! my kids go bananas over their coconut yogurts. enough said.


Enviro Kidz- this is good to bring along where there are other kids around. this makes my kids not feel left out. it's a great alternative to rice krispie treats.


Annie's Naturals Dressings- i love the Goddess. But that line has many Vegan options when i am too lazy to make my own from scratch.


Earth Balance- instead of butter. use it. love it.


Back to Nature- i love their chips, cookies, and nuts. 


daiya cheese- i have found this to be the best Vegan cheese alternative. Whole Foods uses it on their pizzas. case closed.


Purely Decadent- purely HEAVEN!!! and Vegan baby, so go a head... do a little dance. you can be a vegan and eat ice cream!!!!!


Earth's Best- i use their canned products, but they know what's up. cans are fine, as long as it says, PBA free!!!!!!!!


Cascadian Farms- my kids love their cereal. i love that they love it. so i buy it:)


Pacific Natural Foods- oh. my. gosh. their carrot ginger soup! woa!!!! and i use their almond milk. it sooooo good. 


so there you have it. that's what we eat. my kids love their food. i usually buy mostly produce and they eat a bunch of raw goodness, but when they don't, this is what they get. eating clean, and vegan isn't about what we don't eat, it's about what we do!!!!




recipe to try this week: Dessert Hummus
2 cups chickpeas, drained and washed
1/4 cup almond butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 T brown sugar
1 t cinnamon
Cinnamon sugar to garnish (optional)



think about this:


Ah, what a great thought that God designed us to live on plants and fruits and grains alone, and to live among a garden. i think of this verse everyday. 


Genesis 1:29


"Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."




watch: even though this video is quite funny, sadly it's all very true. 

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs