Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Name Change.

lots of change. i am so happy and so excited. if i were to give you all the reasons why i am, reading them all might take up the majority of your night. i haven't stumbled upon some secret, or easy fix to all my problems. in fact, i would say i live a more complicated and demanding life than perhaps i ever have before. but i have discovered that with hard work comes the ultimate freedom. almost a year ago i had a conversation with God that went a little something like this, "take. me. deeper." it was a simple request. not such a simple response. and for the first time in my life i was really meaning what i was asking. i wanted to go deeper. in everything i thought i knew about Christ, i wanted my life to wake up and really know Him. with the revealing of Himself to me, and personal aspects of my own life came great responsibility. this wasn't a "i'll get to You when i get to You" kind of relationship i was after. i'd done that. that didn't work out for me. i had to swallow the biggest, most difficult realization of my life... and that is that God had allowed everything that was happening to me, well, to happen to me. what kind of God is that? it's a God that gives and takes. it's a God that loves like a force beyond recognition. it's a God who intervenes and cheers for my marriage. it's a God who loves beyond the limit i set Him to. it's a God that teaches some really hard lessons, but can deliver big hope. it's a God i so proudly worship. 


life is changing. God is doing something big here. He's been working on me for 28 years now, and he spent the last year refining me. i am looking forward to moving back to New York and put into action what God has been calling me to do. Serve God. Serve People. Love God. Love People. 


we are to be salt and light. "Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:15


this blog evolves like we do. this blog is meant to be a reflection and journal of our lives. i pray you are touched and encouraged by what you read here. 


i pray that Salt and Light will be used as a place of truth and hope and love in our lives and yours now more than ever. 


"God will make us good because He loves us; just as the roof of a greenhouse does not attract the sun because it is bright, but becomes bright because the sun shines on it." C.S. Lewis
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs