Thursday, March 21, 2013

Fabric Bunny Ears.



Yesterday, Lars helped me make these adorable fabric bunny ears, while brother Dune took a nap in my bed. If you want to make them too, here's what you'll need:




-pipe cleaners, 4 for each crown
-fabric, cut into strips. use long strips cut about an inch thick.
-hot glue gun



ready? go ahead and measure your child's head. make the crown out of two pipe cleaners. then you take the other two pipe cleaners and shape those into the two ears. don't worry about it getting a little bent while you wrap them, you can reshape it when you are finished. now the fun part! take your first strip of fabric and begin to wrap. go all the way around the circle until you are finished. you may need several strips depending on how you wrap it. now hot glue it so it does not become unraveled. then do each ear. I used two different fabrics so it would look more whimsical. for Graycen's I used two different pink patterned fabrics I had lying around. for Dune and Lars, I did the same thing but used blue fabrics, and to make them different from each other's I just switched them around. remember when you are done wrapping to hot glue the pieces so they do not unravel. 



each one of the bunny ears took me about 10 minutes to make. so for my three kids i was finished and cleaned up in about 30 minutes. 

And that's it! All of my kids love them! I plan on taking some Easter pictures of them all together wearing them. But for now, I asked Graycen if she wouldn't mind modeling them for you so you could see just how cute they really are. And if you think only girls would like this, then you should have seen Dune and Lars eating dinner with theirs on last night, refusing to take them off, and after dinner demonstrating how they chomp down on carrots as little Peter Rabbits. 





 
Site Design By Designer Blogs