Monday, March 18, 2013

St. Patrick's Day, sort of.

 


                                //please pardon this changing blog as i work out some kinks.//



So yesterday completely snuck up on me. I didn't even realize it was St. Patrick's day till Sunday morning when getting ready for church, I signed onto google and there it was. I'm usually all about the planning. I love a reason to throw a party and get my kids involved, but this year. I don't know. this year it just feels like it's still February, and my mind is on Easter, and so there goes St. Patrick's Day- snuck in at the last minute. I was planning on making pesto that night anyway, so i just went with that... I made a big green salad, asparagus, and pasta with sauteed shrimp, and a huge bowl of pesto. So at least we ended the day with the green theme, and at dinner I talked in an obnoxious leprechan voice and when everyone finished I gave the kids the cupcakes I ran out and picked up earlier in the day. We had a fun dinner, and honestly, about three minutes of me talking in an Irish accent I am convinced my kids are thankful we didn't celebrate all day. MOM, MAKE IT STOP! bless them.


the best pesto recipe:

2 handfuls of basil
1/4 cup pine nuts
juice of one lemon
1-2 garlic cloves
1/2 cup olive oil
kosher salt and pepper to taste
splash of agave
pinch of red pepper flakes

put all the ingredients in food processor except the olive oil, and blend. slowly drizzle in olive oil till you have the right consistency. serve over pasta, use a dip with veggies, eat with eggs, make it a base for a pizza. unlimited opportunities for pesto love! pesto will last covered in fridge for up to 3 days. 



 
Site Design By Designer Blogs