Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!












above are some pictures i've taken with my phone recently. it's getting dark early now. i made our family an advent calendar and strung it above the fireplace. i started reading "The Book Thief", we woke up this morning to a frozen lake, and it's most definitely the best time of year for sweaters and slippers.

 we are getting ready over here for Thanksgiving. all three kids will be home tomorrow helping me clean house, set up, prep food, and bake pies. it will be a busy but lovely day and i'm really looking forward to it. i feel like we are in the middle of the prime years with our kids, like they are really getting excited over the holidays. they are starting to each one make certain requests, and it makes me realize that those are the traditions we've already started as a family and nothing, nothing makes me happier. they all want to know if i'm making their favorite things and of course i am. it's not just the food obviously. it's my family. i love these people so much i could burst. i crawled into bed with graycen last night and we laid in the dark listing off a few of the things we are most thankful for. she sat up and said, "today my teacher asked if we've ever had anyone in our families that have been really really sick. and i raised my hand and said, 'yes, my mom.' and is it okay if i just cry about that right now, mom? is it okay? i just want to cry." so she did. and i did. and we laid together in her bed and cried, not because we were sad or anything. i mean the past memories, some of them do make me very sad, but that's not really why we were crying. we were crying because we are thankful. we are just so, so thankful for it all.

Happy Thanksgiving!

.....

"I am grateful for what I am and have. My thanksgiving is perpetual. It is surprising how contented one can be with nothing definite- only a sense of existence."- Henry David Thoreau



 
Site Design By Designer Blogs