Sunday, December 28, 2014

A New Year and A Challenge To Live More Creatively.

 2015 is right around the corner! I wouldn't know where to begin on all the lessons 2014 has taught me, but what a year. We leaped into homeschooling which was by far the most radical life decision I have made lately. Last year I remember being really intent on the word "permission." It was as you might say, my word of the year. I haven't felt a particular word laid on my heart for this coming year but I would say that one goal I have is to live more creatively, to challenge myself more creatively, and make more space and time in my life for those things that are calling me, like taking pictures.

 This morning I asked Graycen is she wouldn't mind me taking some photographs of her so we can have one or two updated pictures for around the house. Maybe we'll call these our "school pictures"! We set off listening to our soundtrack to get us in the picture taking mood on our way to the field. The most appropriate song came on. Here are the lyrics.


 I was a little girl alone in my little world who dreamed of a little home for me. I played pretend between the trees, and fed my houseguests bark and leaves, and laughed in my pretty bed of green. I had a dream. That I could fly from the highest swing. I had a dream. Long walks in the dark through woods grown behind the park, I asked God who I'm supposed to be. The stars smiled down on me, God answered in silent reverie. I said a prayer and fell asleep. I had a dream. That I could fly from the highest tree. I had a dream.
Now I'm old and feeling grey. I don't know what's left to say about this life I'm willing to leave.
I lived it full and I lived it well, there's many tales I've lived to tell. I'm ready now, I'm ready now, I'm ready now to fly from the highest wing.

I had a dream.
 Lyrics to the song Dream, by Priscilla Ahn.












May we all live creatively and wildly and bravely this coming year. Let's say yes to the import and and recognize that saying no to one thing is in fact saying yes to so much more. Let's practice saying no boldly too. 

“It is true that all men are created in the image of God, but Christians are supposed to be conscious of that fact, and being conscious of it should recognize the importance of living artistically, aesthetically, and creatively, as creative creatures of the Creator. If we have been created in the image of an Artist, then we should look for expressions of artistry, and be sensitive to beauty, responsive to what has been created for us” 
-Edith Schaeffer


Happy New Year, friends and family! Go, and create!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs